Terms of Reference
Analyst / Expert on monetization of innovative products and services
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has agreed with the Government of Ukraine in the Governmental Negotiations in 2019 on supporting Ukraine with a continuation of a project aiming at facilitating foreign trade and exports for Ukraine with a focus on trade with EU countries. The capacities of the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine (MDETA) with regard to policy coordination and implementation as well as the capacities of other involved stakeholders also from the private sector are very limited and needs to be strengthened. With this project implemented, the framework conditions for access of Ukrainian exporters to EU markets can be improved, trade promotion activities could be enhanced and certain tasks envisaged in DCFTA could be implemented being one of the objectives of the Project.
Non-Governmental Union “Foundation for Support of Reforms in Ukraine” (NGU “FSRU”) with the support of Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development has launched the project “Utilization and implementation of the Association Agreement between the EU and Ukraine in the field of trade”.
The goal of the Project is to help improve trade conditions in Ukraine, particularly the country’s SMEs, with a view to better integrating Ukraine into the multilateral trading system, strengthening Ukrainian SMEs competitiveness and allowing them to take full advantage of new preferential markets access, in particular to the EU.
Within the Project, the NGU “FSRU" is looking for a Analyst / Expert on monetization of innovative products and services.
Services of scope
Review and analysis of the best international practices in the approaches of monetization of innovative products and services
Develop the mathematical/economic model that allows calculating the costs of innovation and their payback for the economy/society by activating innovations across sectors, across actors and disciplines and at the same time considering the integration into global value chains and export prospects of such innovation products and services
Define the role of the government and its engagement in the development of innovation and their further monetization based on modern approaches and the best international practices
Draft separate recommendations for the Ukrainian government and for the Ukrainian companies on monetization of innovative products and services
- Report with analysis of the best international practices/approaches of monetization of innovative products and services developed;
- Main criteria that allow to measure and achieve the mission to monetization of innovation products and services (including main criteria to become innovative for Ukrainian company) defined;
- The mathematical/economic model to calculate necessary efforts, costs and time from all stakeholders developed;
- Report on the government engagement into monetization of innovative products and services based on the best international practices developed and made publicly available;
- Recommendations on monetization of innovative products and services for the Ukrainian government and the Ukrainian companies (including identification of main obstacles for business to monetize the innovation) drafted and made publicly available;
- International and Ukrainian success stories on monetization of innovative products and services collected, respective promo and/or information materials developed/made publicly available
Preferred qualification and skills
At least a Master degree in economics, international economics, mathematic;
At least 5 years of proven experience in the relevant field;
Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interpret complex legal, commercial and financial information;
Researches in the fields of economics, international trade and/or innovations will be an advantage;
Familiarity with the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, Export strategy of Ukraine and sectoral and cross-sectoral export strategies;
Strong communication and presentation skills;
Excellent command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken.